FatShark today has announced the launch of the HD3 Core goggles at price of $399.
The HD3 Core is in fact the same Dominator HD3 with the same specs, just comes with only the core components: bare goggles, an 18650-battery case, faceplate foam and a zipper case. No cables and no 18650 batteries are included.
You need to add your own receiver module for Core HD3 as it has no receivers, grab a pair of 18650 batteries as it has only empty battery case and then you’re ready to fly. AV and HDMI cables are really not necessary.
FatShark HD3 Core will be replacing the legacy HD3s (which will be sold at $450). When the old HD3 stocks will be sold, the part number will be retired. FatShark is working on some new HDx, but it’s still in the works with no official launch date.
- FOV 42°Diagonal
- 59-69mm IPD Range (adjustable)
- SVGA 800 X 600 Native Display
- HDMI input mode 800×480 16:9 ratio
- Support Side/Side 3D
- NTSC/PAL Auto Selecting
- High definition media interface720p Support
- Modular Head Tracker Bay
- Modular Receiver Bay
- DCin: 7-13V (2S/3S)
- Power Consumption: 4W
- Integrated Analog DVR (does not supportHD recording)
- HD3 Core Headset with fan-equipped faceplate
- Zipper Case
- 18650 cell Battery Case (batteries not included)
- Receiver module is not included, sold separately
- Optional diopter lens inserts: -2, -4, -6 dpt sold separately
- Head tracker module sold separately