FatShak newest sproduct information leaked – it is new FatShark Dominator HDO2 goggles. These new goggles have OLED type displays with a 1280×960 resolution. HDO2 have the biggest 46° FOV of all the FatShark goggles, that are currently in the production.
FatShark also has increased the range of the IPD adjustment ranging from 54 to 74 mm (vs 59 to 69 mm on the HDO’s). One of the most exciting features is the diopter adjustment from +2 to -6 diopter.
FatShark finally added the power button and the fan is powered directly (no need for the balance cable).
Input Power and power button mode
The HDO2 is shipped in Legacy Mode. If you connect a 7-13V (2S or 3S) power source to the
power port the HDO2 will automatically power on and it will power off when the source is
removed. With a short press, the Power Button will turn on and off the fan while in this mode. If
you hold the button, the HDO2 will continuously beep to remind you the headset is in Legacy
Mode and the goggles will not power down.
If you want, you can change the input power to use the Power Button to turn on and off the
headset. To do this, you need to remove the Expansion Bay door and move the power mode
jumper from Legacy Mode to Button Mode as show below.
While the headset is in Button Mode and powered off, a long press will turn on the headset.
While the headset is in operation, a short press on the power button will change the fan speed.
A beep will indicate maximum fan speed. A long press will power down the headset.
Price – $499, release date –
- FOV (field of view): 46 degrees diagonal
- IPD (interpupillary distance): 54 to 74 mm (adjustable)
- Focus: +2 to -6 diopters (adjustable)
- Two Sony 0.5” OLED displays
- Resolution 1280 x 960
- NTCS/PAL auto selecting
- AV Mode 4:3
- AV Mode 16:9
- HDMI Mode 16:9
- Channel Selection
- Volume Control
- Mode Selection
- Display Control (Brightness and Contrast)
- DVR Control
- Power Button / Fan Control
- Power Supply: 7 – 13V input voltage (2S – 3S Supply)
- Power Consumption: TBD
- Analog DVR: MicroSD support to 32 GB
- Record Rate: 6Mbps (MJPG compression, 30 fps, AVI)
- File playback (native recording, no codec support)
- Upgradeable via SD card
- 7.4V, 1.8A 18650 Battery Case (optional))
- 3.5mm AV in/out port
- Power input port
- 3.5mm 3p earphone port
- RF Module Bay
- HT connector 3 pin internal connection
- Power Button
- Ergonomic molded headset w/ adjustable headband
- Dimensions: 169.2 x 80 x 45.5 mm
- Weight: 206.8 g
FatShark Dominator HDO2 User Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MbSarvmgR_oMuV2xKvIUK7pV-NKz7lsr/view?usp=sharing