FlySky is preparing to release new transmitter – PL18. Lets take a closer look at it.
The PL18 or Paladin or FT18 or even FT10 (as it was named earlier) is basically a reborn Flysky FS-i18 transmitter that was introduced back in the 2013 (!). This old new radio is full size TX with hall effect(?) gimbals, colour LCD and FlySky OS. It will have 8 switches (2 of them 3-pos), 3 turning pots, 2 sliders on the sides and 4 additional trims. So a lot of the controls. PL18 will have a total of 18 channels. This radio is rumored to have a new AFHDS3 protocol with overal latency minimized down to 3ms.
Some update, after the main release, probably will add a Bluetooth module for wireless communication and wireless trainer function. Also rumored to have some fancy wireless charging capability.
Let’s hope this radio will be released eventually.
Name: Flysky FS-PL18 (Paladin)
Built-in internal AFHDS 3 ( new 2.4GHz protocol)
HVGA 3.5-inch TFT color screen, 320 * 480 dot matrix, LCD white backlight, capacitive touch screen (TBD)
Strong Anti-interference Capabilities
Stability with strong anti-interference capabilities with a focus on competitive use Micro USB Port: Micro USB Port added for convienince and simulator use.
RF Module Support: Support for other companies RF modules
Note:The product price and parameters has not been finalized and will continue to be updated.
– External diversity dual antennas, distance: 2KM
– FRM301 module It is the fastest and lowest latency module developed by FLYSKY. Minimum delay: 3mS (faster than Frsky and Futaba, slower than SANWA)
– OS design: mixing, curve, timer and reverse, voice, vibration and other functions
– GPS, spectrum analysis, ambient lights and other functions will be come ture in the near future firmware
– Wireless bluetooth, wireless charging and other functions as firmware update
2018-05-02 Article created 2018-07-10 Updated FT18 description, specs. 2019-03-04 First PL18 video 2019-06-10 Preorders started