RunCam released new version of their HD camera – RunCam Split 2. Lets look what has been changed:
- changed camera/board ribbon cable connector – now it is stronger and not so easy to accidently disconnect
- top heatsink plate for better cooling
- fixed reverse current issue (it was not possigle to use USB while quad lipo is connected)
- redesigned SD card slot – more reliable and easier to access
- 5V- 17V input voltage with onboard voltage regulator, that takes up to 4S lipo Battery (V1 could be supplied only by 5V)
- changed Wi-Fi module connector – now it can be connected horizontally (V1 was almost imposssible to connect once board is seated in the frame)
- comes with better lens (RC25G)
- solder pads for video out and FC connection instead of plugs on V1
- updated microphone
So it has quite a number of changes. Another good news – the older RunCam Split version is now sold for less than $55. So if these changes were not a showstopper for you, then you can buy cheaper RunCam Split V1.
Can be purchased @ Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/RunCam-Split-2-FOV-130-Degree-1080P60fps-HD-Recording-Plus-WDR-FPV-Camera-NTSCPAL-Switchable-p-1212031.html
FOV Angle of Field: FPV FOV 130°/ Recording FOV 165°
Video Resolution: 1080@60fps / 1080@30fps / 720@60fps
Video Files: MOV
Image Resolution: 2 Megapixels
TV Output: NTSC (720*480) / PAL (720*576) Switchable
Real-Time Audio Output: Yes
Interface: Micro USB / UART
Max Micro SD Card Supported: 64Gb (need Class 6 or above, recommend Class 10/UHS-I/UHS-II)
WiFi Module: Support (Removable)
Dimensions: PCB 38*38mm / Lens Module 22*20mm
Power Input: DC 5-17V/DC 5V(USB)
Working Current: 650 mA
Weight: 21g/23g(Plus Wifi Module)
1. Ultra light weight (21g).
2. Low latency TV-OUT.
3. Real-time audio output.
4. Power-off protection for video files.
5. Wide voltage (5-17V).
6. Anti-drop SD card.