RunCam 5 firmware update failure?
If you have tried to upgrade the RunCam 5 camera firmware, but somehow the update process failed, your camera will most likely end up beeing bricked. Bricked camera indications:
- Won’t power up when holding the power button.
- Won’t power up when plugged into 5V.
- Computer doesn’t recognize it if plugged by USB cable.
- LED turns red if I plug it in to a 5V source, but does not start up.
- A reset holding down the power button and pressing reset does not help.
- A hard reset with it plugged into 5V does not help
Restoring the bricked RunCam 5
Try the following steps to flash the firmware via computer:
- Install this iCatch PC driver to your computer: https://runcam.zendesk.com/attachments/token/vDErTSW4RgCokgRQ3DNHTxASA/?name=icatch_v3000_For_V37_V50_V35_V33_K33.7z .
- Hold the reset button and at the same time connect it to computer via USB port. Then you will see two devices in device manager as shown below:
- Open the link: https://runcam.zendesk.com/attachments/token/nLzDQVDUnBDxW39jmugIJuEcz/?name=download_V1.2.0_0711.rar and unzip the files and find FRM.exe and start it:
- Set the options as shown in the screenshot below and click ISP button. The flashing starts. A few minutes later, it will show ISP finished and flashing is done.
Source: Facebook, RunCam website.